May 20, 2008

Mommy Would Be Proud (Warning: Very Disturbing Images Ahead)

My mother may sometimes have her opinions about my choices, but the one thing my mother never had to worry about was me ever getting a tattoo. True, it was mostly because I don't really understand why someone would voluntarily choose to be poked by a needle (and pay a fortune for it to boot), but in the end it really came down to one simple fact: I am indecisive--in manic proportions. I go in and out of phases quicker than tmz can blog about Britney Spears' latest mishap, so I just couldn't make the commitment.

Though I am thankful that I don't have a butterfly tattoo on my ankle (I went through a butterfly phase in the late nineties), it turns out it could have been worse. I couldn't believe my eyes (nor could I understand what this guy was thinking) when I stumbled upon this beauty that Mighty Girl discovered and posted on her blog:


It turns out, that this cat-astrophe is not in a league of it's own (oh how my mother would be proud of the google image searching skills I have acquired as a lawyer; and, no, this is not how I usually spend my time):


On a side note: two interesting observations about the belly centered tat (in case you are contemplating such a mistake): it seems to require an innie for the proper effect, and it also seems to only be a
mistake
choice men make.

And if using the belly button for artistic expression is not bad enough, what was this guy thinking?


Although, he clearly wasn't as dedicated as this guy:

So the next time your mother questions your judgment, you might want to point her in the direction of this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment