They also meet all five of my requirements for a great weekday meal: (1) healthy; (2) doesn't taste healthy; (3) very little hands-on time; (4)
I am a big fan of zucchini and potatoes because the leftovers taste great in a frittata, but I try to mix it up.
Regardless of the combo of vegetables, I follow a simple formula:
- Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut/Prep vegetables
- Toss vegetables in a little olive oil and salt
- Roast for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Make a frittata using leftover roasted zucchini and potatoes
- Add leftover veggies to pasta
- Toss leftover veggies, with avocado, romaine lettuce, and a balsamic vinaigrette for a quick salad
- Add your favorite homemade (or jar of) tomato sauce to leftover veggies (I do this often with zucchini or a zucchini/corn mixture).
- Puree leftover veggies to make Barefoot Contessa's Roasted Vegetable Soup (and freeze extra).