January 19, 2012

Santa Fe Salad

Santa Fe Salad could be a meal on its own (especially for lunch), or an easy way to sneak in veggies or extra protein to a meal.  If usually make it when I a make quesadillas or when I pick up El Pollo Loco Chicken.  I no longer add the cheese, but it's just as good without it.  If I make it for lunch or a weekday dinner, I usually cook the corn in advance, so that all I have to do is cut an avocado, open things and dump them in the bowl.  That's my kind of weekday cooking!

Ingredients:
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Black Beans (I use the canned ones, but feel free to make your own)
  • Corn (I think its worth to use fresh corn, I cook it in a pan with a little olive oil, but you could use canned or frozen)
  • Avocado in one-inch cubes
  • Sliced Black Olives
  • Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
  • Ranch Dressing (I use Ken's Light Ranch)
Directions:

Toss ingredients together in large bowl, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment